Lease Agreements are such an important aspect in any landlord/tenant relationship. They govern the rights and responsibilities between both the landlord and the tenant. Without one….things can get ugly. I’ve had several landlords and tenants sit down in my office with a serious issue but without a legal recourse, all because there wasn’t a lease agreement in place. Fortunately, you’re taking the proper steps to ensure that doesn’t happen. Well done!!!
Samuel W. Hinson, Esq.-Creator and Founder of TN Legal Docs.
A lease agreement is a legal contract that dictates the rights and responsibilities between a landlord and a tenant. It sets forth the nature of the agreement, rental amount, prohibited conduct, etc. It’s a necessary component in any landlord-tenant relationship.
Read the following instructions, enter your information, and hit “Submit.” Your information will be sent, encrypted (i.e. really securely), to one of our attorneys who will immediately get to work on your document. You will be redirected to a PayPal secure payment submission screen where you can enter your payment information.
When our attorneys have finished preparing your Lease Agreement we will forward it to you per your selected method of delivery. It is extremely important that you review the document as soon as possible. We understand how important your legal document is to you. That’s why we’re going to give you 48 hours to contact us if you’d like us to make any changes, amendments, or alterations. If you contact us within the 48 hour time frame any of those additional services will be free of charge.
Again, when you receive your Lease Agreement please review it thoroughly. We will include an additional set of instructions on finalizing the document that you must follow in order for your Lease Agreement to become legally valid. But don’t worry, the additional instructions are easy and simple to follow.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION
- Your Name: Enter your first, middle, and last name.
- Name of Landlord(s): Enter the name of the landlord(s).
- Name of Tenant(s): Enter the name of the tenant(s) (if you want a standard lease you can use multiple times on different tenants, just leave this area blank).
- Rental Property: Enter either the mailing address or a physical description of the rental property.
- Term of Lease: Enter the period of time the lease agreement will be in operation. For example the lease could be for 1 year, 5 years, or on a month-to-month basis.
- Rental Amount: Enter the amount of rent the tenant(s) will be required to pay.
- Terms and Conditions: Enter all the terms and conditions you want added in your lease agreement (i.e., when rent is due, late fees, repairs, etc.).
- Prohibited Conduct: Enter any conduct that will not be allowed on the rental property (i.e. pets, loud music, overnight guests, etc.).
- Utilities and Other Expenses: Enter the name of the person(s) responsible for paying the utilities and other expenses on the rental property.
- Insurance and Taxes: Enter the name of the person(s) responsible for paying for insurance and taxes on the rental property.
- Miscellaneous: Enter any additional information you’d like us to know.
- Email/Mailing Address: Enter your email and mailing address
- Delivery Method: Select your preferred method of delivery.